Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Consider RKpyx up at Baen's Bar

Want to know what a (non-winning) Writers of the Future finalist story looks like?  If you’ve got an account at Baen’s Bar you can see one right now.  My Q2 2010 finalist story, Consider RKpyx, is up for critique.  I’d love it if you’d read and comment!

The Bar: http://bar.baen.com/default.aspx

~Marina

Goal: 35/100

4 comments:

  1. Ah, interesting. I'll have to get over to Baen's and take a look when I get back from vacation. How many markets did you send this story to? I remember someone suggesting Analog, curious where else you sent it.

    The short story market seems like a really tough nut to crack. More and more folks are just going the self-publishing route. Have you considered doing that? At least one person I know is taking their novel directly to Smashwords, not even bothering to query. Kind of strange.

    Anyhoo, didn't intend to hijack the thread. I'll post comments on Baen's later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks eaf! I look forward to your comments.

    This story has made the rounds at (nearly) all the appropriate venues. But, it's novelette length (about 13,000 words) which really limits the amount of markets willing to consider it.

    If no one nabs it I'll probably hold onto it for inclusion in a collection later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy to have met you via the WOF forum. I'll be taking a peek at your story soon, too. I work in Bentonville, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to bump into you too! And nice of you to have a look at my story :), though it might have fallen down a few pages by now.

    Do you have a current entry in the WotF contest? Or prepping one for this next quarter?

    ReplyDelete